Amidst everything else that is going on at the moment, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the forthcoming election for the Dorset Police and Crime Commissioner.
We hope that we can rely on your full support and that together we can get behind our Conservative Candidate, David Sidwick.
ABOUT DAVE SIDWICK
Born and always having lived in Dorset, David has a unique passion for the county and its residents.
Having had a background in strategic leadership in large pharmaceutical companies and run his own highly successful business. David identified a number of issues around policing in Dorset and started discussing them. He was challenged to make a difference and closed his company in March 2018 to spend a year analysing other forces including spending time with other PCCs.
Since becoming the Conservative candidate in March 2019 he has met with residents and stakeholders from across the county – conducted two surveys with a third in the pipeline. His background in strategy, communication and resource allocation is perfect for the role of acting as the people’s champion and holding the police to account through the office of the Chief Constable.
He can clearly see where changes need to occur and how these can be made for the good of the people of Dorset so they get the policing and crime reduction that they deserve.
The Role of PCC
● Secure “efficient and effective police” for their area.
● Set the police and crime objectives for their area through a police and crime plan, based on local public priorities
● Appoint the Chief Constable, hold them to account for running the force, and if necessary, dismiss
● Bring together community, safety, and criminal justice partners to make sure local priorities are joined up.
● Use OPCC commissioning budget for victim support, reducing reoffending and cutting crime
● Set the force budget and determine the amount to be charged to Council Tax payers.
● Contribute to the national and international policing capabilities set out by the Home Secretary.